Student Visa for Cyprus
Who Needs a Student Visa?
EU pupils do not require visa if they are admitted into a programme that lasts for more than 3 months. Though, these students are required to apply for a residence permit at the Cyprus Civil Registry and Migration Department. EU Students can take their permit after entering the country.
Non-EU pupils require a student visa. They must apply for the visa at their closest Cyprus embassy and consulate. Full-time international students who have at least 12 credits
in a semester are given student visa.
The student visa is issued for a particular educational institution in Cyprus.
Student Visa Application Procedure
International students must fill in an application form and submit it along with the necessary documents. Students must apply for the student visa at their nearest Cyprus embassy or consulate
. Student visa is issued by the nearest Cyprus embassy or consulate or by the Migration department of Cyprus.
- Completed application form and application fee
- A copy of passport and 4 passport-size photographs
- Attested copies of the pupils’ educational qualifications
- Proof of proficiency in English or Greek language
- Certificate of good conduct: This is issued by the police of the home or residence country.
- Proof of sufficient financial resources indicating that student can meet the study and living expenses while studying in Cyprus. Proof can be a bank statement.
- Medical certificate: Stating good health. It must include blood test- hepatitis B, C, syphilis and HIV, and chest X-Ray.
- Letter of acceptance: This is issued by the higher education institution of Cyprus and contains description/structure and duration of the course.
The aforementioned documents are certified by the Cyprus embassy or consulate. The Cypriot embassy or consulate in their country of residence invites students for visa interview. Original documents must be shown at the time of interview.
If visa is given, the Cyprus consulate will stamp the students documents and will return them back to the student. Students must show these documents at the entry point at the airport in Cyprus.
International pupils must register
with the District Police Alien Branch in 7 days as from the day of entry in the Republic of Cyprus. They are also required to undergo a medical examination after their arrival in the country, and submit the medical report to the District Police Alien Branch within 1 week from the arrival date.
Student visa processing time is 1 month.
Temporary Residence Permit (TRP)
For Non-EU Citizens
Students from Non-EU and third countries are required to apply for temporary residence permit within 10 days of their arrival in Cyprus. Students must fill a form that can be downloaded from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cyprus website
Submit the completely filled form M61
to the Civil Registry and Migration Department of the Republic of Cyprus along with the following documents:
- Application fee payment receipt
- A photocopy of a valid passport or any other travel document and two passport-size photos
- Local Health insurance proof
- Medical examinations report: Students after entering Cyprus must undergo some medical tests- Chest X-Ray, HIV, hepatitis B, C, etc. The results of the tests must be shown to the Ministry of Health, Medical and Public Health Services of Cyprus to get them stamped and signed by government doctor. These results are valid for 4 months.
- accommodationproof: Original rental contract.
- Evidence of financial resources: Confirmation from a bank in Cyprus indicating that the pupil has deposited a certain amount to cover the costs of study and living for the duration the residence permit is applied for.
- Confirmation letter registration letter
For EU Citizens
EU country students must get in touch with the Civil Archive and Migration Department, Cyprus for the issuance or renewal of Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) in the Republic of Cyprus. EU member state students must fill out application form MEU1A that can be downloaded from the Civil Registry and Migration Department, Cyprus
within 3 month of their arrival in the Republic of Cyprus.
Submit the form along with the necessary documents to the Civil Registry and Migration Department of the Republic of Cyprus:
- A copy of valid passport or ID and two passport-size photos
- Registration letter from the institution of higher education in Cyprus
- Evidence of adequate financial resources indicating that you can meet all the study and living expenses while in Cyprus.
- Proof of medical insurance
Renewal of Temporary Residence Permit (TRP)
International students coming from Non-EU countries must fill out form M61 for the renewal of temporary residence permit. The form can be taken from the Civil Registry and Migration Department website
Submit the completely filled and signed form along with the following documents to the Civil Registry and Migration Department of the Republic of Cyprus:
- A photocopy of a valid passport or other travel document and two photos
- A photocopy of earlier temporary residence permit or Alien book
- Private health insurance original
- Original rental agreement
- Registration letter original